Links directly to the call for innovative projects linked to personal development, by offering tailored advice and guidance to young people on a range of retention issues.
C-Extra EU links directly to the call for innovative projects linked to personal development, by offering tailored advice and guidance to young people on a range of retention issues including self esteem, self efficacy, motivation and perceived support needs etc. Equally, the website develops the learning environment for teachers, supports diverse groups of students and is steeped in intercultural dialogue to consider core and diverse EU retention issues.
This project aims to transfer innovation from the UK to three partners countries across the EU, through the translation and cultural adaptation of C-xtra UK, to improve retention rates in colleges and learning providers thereby contributing to improved skills levels across the EU
- To complete further research into the key issues underlying retention in the partner countries
- To use this research to adapt C-xtra UK into an on-line EU retention toolkit, translated into community languages and adapted according to cultural differences
- To train tutors in the use of the toolkit and share good practise regarding retention strategies
- To pliot and trial the toolkit in the partner countries to validate the amendments
- To establish distributor agreements with partners to ensure sustainability and use across colleges and providers in each of the countries post-project
- CX LTD ( United Kingdom)
- FOLKUNIVERSITETET (Sweden)
- INSTITUTO DE ORIENTAÇÃO PROFISSIONAL(Portugal)
- CAREERS EUROPE (United Kingdom
October 2008 – September 2010