Whether it’s prep for a business trip or holiday; because you have Chinese friends or colleagues; because you are simply curious about how one fifth of the world lives their daily lives – this is where your journey through Chinese culture begins!
At a practical level learn how to blend in at a Chinese social occasion, avoid embarrassing gaffes at important meetings, understand your Chinese friends better, learn to use and understand some everyday Chinese phrases and expressions.
In addition, we will…
- explore the main Chinese festivals and traditions, their importance and origins
- compare body language and non-verbal communication in China and Sweden
- discover why Hollywood is obsessed with China
- look at business etiquette and get tips on successful negotiating in a Chinese context
- find out about Cultural differences within China - no, we are not all the same!
- discover the overwhelming importance of food, and to a lesser extent drink, in Chinese culture – and learn the basics of Chinese cuisine
- honestly answer any of those questions you were too shy to ask your Chinese friends!
Perhaps most importantly – have you ever wondered what Chinese people find strange or difficult about life in Sweden and why? Here’s your chance to find out what the other side thinks!!
TeacherYour teacher is a native Mandarin Chinese speaker, with a background in teaching and translating Chinese. She has worked across many business sectors including the movie industry where she was China casting director for several Hollywood films. During this time she specialized in solving cultural misunderstandings between ‘western’ and Chinese partners. Her family runs a successful restaurant business in northeastern China. She speaks excellent English and, before moving to Sweden, lived for long periods in Ireland and Spain.
Course materialBring material for taking notes. Your teacher will provide all other material needed.
RegistrationTo register, click on "Boka kursen nu" to the right. Choose between the Swedish and the English booking form. If you do not have a Swedish personal number, you need to use the English booking form. You can choose payment by credit card or by invoice (the latter only possible if you have a Swedish personal number). Shortly after registering, you will receive a confirmation on your email. About one week prior to the start of the course, you will receive a notification with practical information, and an invoice, if you have chosen this method of payment.
Har du frågor?
Kontakta Folkuniversitetet i Uppsala